Wednesday, November 2, 2011

He's back... for now!

 This is old news by now, but Sam has been back for about a week now! And about a week before that he surprised us and was able to come home for one night and be with us for about 24 hours before he left again.

Here is Londyn greeting Sam when he got to come home for the one night.
Here is the sushi feast I made for us to eat for lunch when he came home for 24 hours. I am not very good at making it, but it is still fun to make and even fun to eat. Next time I make it, I will learn to make it with the rice on the outside. 

Here are 4 chinooks flying over the house. These are a bunch of Sam's guys getting home from the field after being gone for so long. Even though I knew Sam wasn't on one of these, I loved having all four of them fly over. 

Okay, so let me tell you how much having a father around (or not)affects these little babies. After Sam showed up for a night and then left again, Londyn had one of her worst nights in her whole year of life. I put her to bed around 8, just like normal, and then she woke up and cried and cried and cried. I got her out of bed around 11 pm and just held her on my chest for about 2 hours. She found relief in that and got some rest that way. Then around 1 am I put her back to bed and she slept normally the rest of the night. THEN, when Sam got home for good she cried so hard every time she was supposed to go for a nap or bed for the two days after. We had to put her down 3 times the first night he got home. If you know Londyn and how well she sleeps, you know this is completely crazy and not like her one bit. It made me so sad because what is she going to do when he leaves us for almost a whole year? I can't even think about it. I had no idea him leaving like that would affect her that way.

Londyn is in love with her Daddy. Last night when he got home from work, she crawled in his lap and put both of her tiny arms around him and layed her head on his chest and just kept patting his shoulders with both her hands. She didn't budge for probably 10 or 15 minutes. Sam was in heaven and I kept sneaking peaks just thinking it was the cutest thing ever. 

We are so happy to have him home, mustache and all. He says the stache is not leaving until the baby comes. He thinks he needs to have some pics with his newborn son AND his stache. So, we'll keep you posted! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment